I believe that...

I believe that Apple should create a charging case for the iPhone.
- smartphones tend to die faster than teenagers can use them.
- they used to have a charging case for the older iPhone's 
- now the need exists because most of those phones are not in use anymore
- many of my friends and people my age owned charging cases for our phones

Interviews: 

3. Melissa: Speech-Language Pathologist

Findings (Step 4): She already has a portable charger, however she would prefer a case over something heavy and attached to her phone. This is a need for her because she travels during the day and uses her phone to check to make sure she's on time for all her appointments. She also uses her phone to schedule appointments and sometimes has to resort to using her computer.

3. Peter: Salesman for PMD Sales

Findings (Step 4): He feels he would be able to work longer if he had a charging case.He usually doesn't wear a case because he doesn't care about the fashionable aspect, so this case would also protect his phone. Most days he takes long drives to show his clothing line and it would convenient if he had extra battery. On these drives he plays music from his phone. Additionally, he goes for bike rides or runs with his friends and he forgets to charge his phone and has no music.


3. Abby: Special-Ed Teacher

Findings (Step 4): She is always making calls to her students especially during the pandemic and would benefit from this charging case. Currently, she is keeping a charger close at all times but when school is back to normal in the fall, she might benefit from the charging case. On the weekends she goes to concerts with her friends and could use the extra charge for these events.

Reflection: I learned that there is a unmet need in this charging case. I am not very surprised by my findings because anyone with an iPhone benefits from a charging case. I would love a charging case for myself and I used to own one for the iPhone 6s. 

Summary: After the interviews, I would go forward with my belief that both customers and apple would benefit from the creation of a charging case for the new iPhone models. I feel that entrepreneurs should use data to guide their beliefs but it should not stop someone from creating something they are passionate about. In my case, all three people I interviewed stated they would purchase one and gave me many reasons for how it fulfills their needs. 



Comments

Popular Posts